← Back to the timeline

The Legal Reserve Building · 1935–1943

A school moves into the assembly space

1938

In September 1938 the vacant assembly space found a tenant with a familiar use for a big room: a Seventh Day Adventist school, which election notices soon list as a Heights polling place. The same month, 3,000 square feet of the building was offered for lease as “suitable Heights business” space.

A 1938 ad for the corner shop pitched a “modern corner, 43x45, tile front” with parking, evidence the shop row was being actively modernized even in the leanest years.

The source

Source image: Houston Chronicle, Sept. 7, 1938; Houston Post, Nov. 19, 1938
Source: Houston Chronicle, Sept. 7, 1938; Houston Post, Nov. 19, 1938. Tap the image to view full size.